The vision of Aspire Scholar Academy is to continuously provide educational experiences for the youth of our homeschool community in the areas of character and leadership using an agency-based philosophy. The mission, principles, and other details defined in the Bylaws will be upheld with integrity and zeal.
Our mission is to provide an inspiring, positive, learning environment and community for parents and youth who will become leaders who know who they are, who discover their mission in life, who learn the skills needed to accomplish their mission, and who will go forward with ability and passion to achieve their mission.
Founding Literature and Resources
Here are some great books and resources that have inspired our vision and become foundational to the principles of Aspire Scholar Academy. (Includes some affiliate links.)
- Latter-day Responsibility: Choosing Liberty through Personal Accountability by Connor Boyack (Chapter on Education)
- Increase in Learning – Spiritual Patterns for Obtaining Your Own Answers, by Elder David A. Bednar (Chapter 2: “Knowledge, Understanding, Intelligence”)
- BYU Idaho Learning Model
- “Acquiring Spiritual Knowledge,” by Richard G. Scott
- “A Reservoir of Living Water,” by David A. Bednar
- A Thomas Jefferson Education, by Oliver DeMille
- Vanguard Youth Founding Principles and Applications
ASA Board and Committees
Chairman: Angela Silva
Administrative Vice Chair: ToriAn Perkey
Parent Representative: Kathy Bekker
Secretary: Erin Tullis
Principle Mentors: LaRayne Miller and Molly Christensen
Treasurer: Brenda LaMont
Registrar: Rebecca Hodges
Webmaster: Shalona Barney
Events Coordinator: Chevy Peas
Service Trip Coordinator:
The event committee is run by the Event Coordinators and is made up of parents of ASA students. The event committee helps plan and run parties, fieldtrips, retreats, and other one-time experiences for ASA students.
The facilities committee is run by the Facilities Coordinator and is made up of parents of ASA students. The facilities committee helps clean and maintain the Miller’s barn and property. They also help with other facility related assignments given by the Facilities Coordinator.